E Shram Portal – The name of this E Shram card is the Unique Identification Number Card and the name of the authority under which this card comes – Ministry of Labor and Employment. This scheme has been started by PM Narendra Modi for the unorganized sector workers and laborers. The main objective of this scheme is for the workers and laborers of the country. The Ministry of Labor and Employment has recently gathered complete information about the unrecognized sector workers and workers across India. You can use this UAN card for life.
E Sharam Portal has been created for all the workers and laborers of the country. Because through this the government can make new schemes for the laborers and workers. Through this new policies can be made and at the same time, new employment opportunities can also be made available to the unemployed people. If you register yourself on this portal for labor or employment, then you will be provided UAN E Sharmaik Card. You can register in this portal only through CSC and you can apply for it free of cost.
Objectives of eSHRAM Portal
- Creation of a centralized database of all unorganized workers (UWs) including Construction Workers, Migrant Workers, Gig and Platform workers, Street Vendors, Domestic Workers, Agriculture Workers, etc., to be seeded with Aadhaar.
- To improve the implementation efficiency of the social security services for the unorganized workers.(ii) Integration of Social Security Schemes meant for UWs being administered by MoLE and subsequently those run by other ministries as well.
- Sharing of information in respect of registered unorganised workers with various stakeholders such as Ministries/ Departments/ Boards/ Agencies/ Organisations of the Central & State Governments through APIs for delivery of various social security and welfare schemes being administered by them.
- Portability of the social security and welfare benefits to the migrant and construction workers.
- Providing a comprehensive database to Central and State Governments for tackling any National Crises like COVID-19 in future.
Who can register in eShram (NDUW) Portal?
- Any individual satisfying following condition can register on the portal:
An unorganised worker (UW).
- Age should be between 16-59 years.
- Not a member of EPFO/ESIC or NPS (Govt. funded)
Who is Unorganised Worker?
- Any worker who is a home based-worker, self-employed worker or a wage worker in the unorganised sector including a worker in the organised sector who is not a member of ESIC or EPFO or not a Govt. employee is called an Unorganised Worker.
What is required for registration?
Following is required to register on the portal:
- Aadhar Number
- Mobile number linked with Aadhaar.
- Savings Bank Account number with IFSC code